Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right on schedule!

I have the first small batch of 8 with more on the way.

These are available in any size you need. They have that great Meyer vibe and are bigger and richer sounding than even my popular Custom Meyers.

No more anemic duck call to work around.

I will not be making more Custom Meyers but will continue to rebuild them when sent for refaces.

They are machine from high grade German Bar and extensively hand worked and as always play tested.

Cost in US Dollars is $385 plus shipping

Euros 375 Free Shipping

IMG_2614.JPG IMG_2615.JPG IMG_2617.JPG

·
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
France is good. They haven't kicked me out yet!

Busy enough here....I occasionally get some time to do nothing which is good.

Probably putting out a baritone piece this fall...we will see.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,590 Posts
Phil,

Your tip rail, baffle, and chamber work is gorgeous - really clean. That's got to take some time.

What is the surface finish? I don't recall seeing that on a hard rubber piece before.

·
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for noticing G

Seems I have a lot of spare time in my little French Hamlet.

Rail work doesnt take nearly as much time as it looks...what it does take is a long time making mouthpieces....if that makes sense. I guess Im heading on about 15 years.

Regardless of experience I continually strive to do better in terms of sound production as well as craft. If I didnt I think I would probably drive the wife nuts! I love making mouthpieces and I guess the minute I dont like it I will stop.

As for your question:

The finish is a soft bead blast on rod hard rubber. In person its a little more black than in the photos but it does have a charcoal look to it.

Hope you are well

Phil

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,590 Posts
The finish is a soft bead blast on rod hard rubber. In person its a little more black than in the photos but it does have a charcoal look to it.
Thanks. That looks like it may help with the slipping issues that some people mention with other mouthpieces. Looks nice.

And pictures of The Shop Dog? You can't mention a 128 lb dog, and not share pictures.

·
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will post some pic tomorrow.

Its dark here. He is a big giant baby who probably knows more french than me.

True...ligs arent gonna slip on this guy. I didnt even think of that!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Phil,

Beautiful mouthpiece! Any chance of a European passaround? :)

·
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Currently I am getting these in batches of 8 and 10

They are pretty much gone in a few days so a there is not anything currently planned.

I can send them out on trial, as I do offer trials. The most you will pay is a few dollars in shipping if you return it.

Otherwise I eat the postage.

So basically you can build your own passaround.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Very interesting. How does it sound compared to the Rift (which I play and enjoy at the moment)?
Thanks and best regards
Jo

·
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks

The Rift is a completely different beast than the Le Son

The Le Son is a Meyeresque type piece that has additional depth, projection and color. It is based on my Custom Meyer and Vintage Meyers.

Its not a direct copy. I think of it a s a Meyer Plus. Mind you, not a Meyer on steriods...just a Meyer meeting its potential.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts