Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through German Ebay (old habits die hard!;) ) and I came across a fiberglass case that looks suspiciously like the BAM High-Tech case that BAM is dragging their feet on making. Actually it looks more like a cross between that, and the Accord mega-expensive case. There are a limited number of photos on the auction and I cannot see the details of the case as well as I would like, but the interior of the case looks to me like the Eastman cases in that the velveted foam seems flat, and not exatly form-fitting. I cannot tell if the latches are lockable either.

Has anyone else sent these cases, especially up-close?

Here is the URL of the ended auction:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ALTSAXOPHONE-KOFFER-ETUI-French-Design_W0QQitemZ270162267436QQihZ017QQcategoryZ107723QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Oh man, BAM. "He who hesitates is lost."

I've seen photos but none more detailed than these. I'm no fan of that outer design but it's pretty practical and from the photos it looks pretty decent quality. Can't help you with more details, though. I'll bet BAM was planning on selling them for more, though. Somebody must be hitting their heads against a wall right now.

Oh, wait a minute. I've got it figured out. BAM is smarter than I thought.
First they made the advertising scheme. Then got people slobbering over them. Delayed production. People are even more hungry for one. And then these turn up at a discount on eBay - sold by Pierre Bam's teutonic cousin, Ottfried von BAMberg. Who, with cousin Pierre, is raking in the profits right and left not doubt. :twisted:

·
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gary, you know, paranoia is just a heightened state of awareness...:D

But I like the way you think.

I would like to examine one of these up close; any chance of you doing that, o'venerable teutonic sax warrior?

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Randall said:
I would like to examine one of these up close; any chance of you doing that, o'venerable teutonic sax warrior?
If I stumble across one, I'll be sure to post my impressions.

·
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can't blow it if you haven't lived it.
gary, I was always taught you can't blow it if you don't earn it yourself.:D

·
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Randall said:
Actually it looks more like a cross between that, and the Accord mega-expensive case.

Yes, I agree!;)

Kinda also reminds me of a streamlined Hiscox....

If those latches lock, it may be worth a look.

·
Registered
276 Posts
man, these cases look like they hold a dirt devil!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts