Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:Rant:I have the sneaky suspicion that the next HIGH MASS screw product will be a screw for the bows of those brands which have screws there

Think of it.

First came the LeFreque which promised to “ bridge” the parts of a saxophone that are not solidly connected of course most used this gizmo on a neck but of course you would need at least two more to bridge the bow of those modern saxophones that aren’t soldered and use just adhesive with screws.

But then all this high mass screws started screwing things and people around. Screw for the neck, screws for the lyre.

The mass ( why do they speak of “ mass” instead of weight beats me if we are on earth ) products have taken off.

Now you can add mass to your saxophone in all sorts of places.

Why not adding another two Massive screws by the bow?

If they do it... I am claiming that I invented it!:twisted:

So, be the first to do this, before they mass screw you, mass screw yourself! Get two VERY big screws! :whistle:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,712 Posts
High mass resonators.

Why use those coke can metal resos or environmentally unfriendly plastic POS resonators when you can buy the reso-termo-nator.

Maybe the heavy mass neck strap?

·
38,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have both already (sort of).

and believe it or not there are several high resonance straps :whistle:

the metal hook (and metal spacer) are supported by the vibrationalist faith

·
Registered
573 Posts
It has to be easy enough for every great sax player in the whole world to use.
I suggest the necksock from neoprene that will go around the neck to reduce the thermal loses making the sound more vibrant, and ready to tell the 21st century story...
There will be a deluxe version that could cover also the mouthpiece with a cryogenically treated gold thread embroidery for extra resonance.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Maybe the heavy mass neck strap?
Yes. And it has been scientifically proven that this product not only improves tone tremendously, but also actually somehow removes all the weight of the sax from your neck, so no more sore necks from those pesky heavy baris.

You’d think the heavy mass neck strap would increase the weight, but no. The additional mass of the strap, due to its special design, creates a negative gravity zone via quantum field modulation.

I’d explain it in more detail, but not sure any here could understand. It’s very scientific.

However, how it works to improve tone is still a big mystery. But it does, tremendously. Somehow. Trust me on this.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Heavy mass horns. Tenors will weigh 20lbs but the tone will be unreal.
Combined with the gravity canceling heavy mass neck strap, a truly killer combination. That 20 pound tenor will feel lighter than a feather and will have all the best tones.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Love the massive tone of early 10Ms but can't afford one? No problem! Try JK's after-market snap-on heavy tone hole rolls. Easily removable, makes levelling a breeze.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
High mass reeds. Come in many strengths, put in scientific notation to save space.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,759 Posts
Ultra high-density cork grease?

·
38,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that’s a sticky !

·
Registered
88 Posts
Reed nodes made from roo teeth that had gold fillings installed. Solves all intonation problems, makes your reed last longer, stops receding hair lines, and adds a deep vibrating resonance to your sound akin to the noise of a B52 bomber so that you'll never bomb out no matter what you do. Comes with a tube of toothpaste specially made for kangaroo teeth, a 1,000 dollar value for only 4,000 dollars! Only one left in stock, so hurry! Cement not included, but for an extra 60,000 dollars you can have that as well.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'm a bit surprised by the focus on horn modification when it's apparent that a player's whole physique, from mouth to diaphragm, is involved in tone production.
How about issues such as mercury / silver amalgam, gold Vs modern composite fillings? Stomach contents; fizzy Vs still drinks or vegan Vs meat? Not to mention whether the player took a dump before starting...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts