Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
..., anybody up for a test?

That's quite the gold color for being a silver screw. "It will be an item that can obtain a fine grained sound and soft sound quality unique to the all-silver GP finish. "

·
Registered
761 Posts
That's quite the gold color for being a silver screw. "It will be an item that can obtain a fine grained sound and soft sound quality unique to the all-silver GP finish. "
All-silver GP finish - all-silver Gold Plated finish.
Just a guess

·
Registered
163 Posts
The seller also is offering a fancy gold plated klangbogen that would go nicely with the gold plated screws.

Mother's Day is right around the corner.
1620011539916.png

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,994 Posts
Oh boy.
Imagine how great 'The Greats' would have been if only they had access to this technology.
NOT! 🤣

·
Registered
Cannonball Vintage Reborn Tenor Sax with Otto Link STM NY 7
257 Posts
Do people actually buy this? This reminds me of the Babylon Bee. It has to be satire.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,032 Posts
This looks like another opportunity to make truly high-mass parts of depleted uranium.

Reduce - reuse - recycle... Swords into plowshares... Spent reactor fuel >> projectiles >> saxophone screws...

·
Forum Contributor 2014-2015
992 Posts
These types of eBay listings (or anywhere listings for that matter) are repulsive. I hope there is no one stupid enough to buy this. This, and the absurd key guard one, too, are the mother of drop your pants and bend over listings.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Unfortunately we can't prevent people from posting whatever they want for sale, and we can't stop stupid people from buying it.
Best we can do is have a laugh at it and move on. No point in raising your blood pressure over it.

Someone in my local Craigslist got so upset to the point they added their own add to complain about others offering saxes at high prices. Why bother, really?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Unfortunately we can't prevent people from posting whatever they want for sale, and we can't stop stupid people from buying it.
Best we can do is have a laugh at it and move on. No point in raising your blood pressure over it.

Someone in my local Craigslist got so upset to the point they added their own add to complain about others offering saxes at high prices. Why bother, really?

View attachment 104515
What I want to know is this - who snuck into my house and took a picture of my horn???

seriously, that horn would be $20K if it had a 5-digit serial no...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts