Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Phil - What is different about the copper necks as compared with other material, such as brass? I know you've stated many times that material doesn't affect sound, so I'm curious whether they offer perhaps a different physical characteristic that sets them apart.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phil - What is different about the copper necks as compared with other material, such as brass? I know you've stated many times that material doesn't affect sound, so I'm curious whether they offer perhaps a different physical characteristic that sets them apart.
I made necks from a couple of different materials, silver, copper and brass and it just didn't seem to make any difference. It's really about the inner dimensions. Phil

·
Registered
79 Posts
I made necks from a couple of different materials, silver, copper and brass and it just didn't seem to make any difference. It's really about the inner dimensions. Phil
Right - makes sense, and that's what I'm getting at with my question. Are all of your varieties built using the same dimensions?

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right - makes sense, and that's what I'm getting at with my question. Are all of your varieties built using the same dimensions?
Yes, they all have the same dimensions minus very small differences. I just make brass now because it really didn't matter and I didn't want to play on peoples neurosis and lead people to believe stuff that wasn't true. Maybe I'm not a very good businessman but I really don't care about making huge sales, just delivering a good product. Phil Barone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts