Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Wow this is some heavy stuff. Feels like a fusion between folk, metal and electronica.

Didn't realize you are/were a violinist. Good handling of the dynamics and potentials of electric violin. I like the way you hold counter melodic ideas against everything else that's going on.

Doing any more violin work?

·
Banned
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow this is some heavy stuff. Feels like a fusion between folk, metal and electronica.

Didn't realize you are/were a violinist. Good handling of the dynamics and potentials of electric violin. I like the way you hold counter melodic ideas against everything else that's going on.

Doing any more violin work?

Thanks Wade, yes I'm playing a lot more violin lately than I have been for the past few years. It was the only instrument I learnt formally so it's part of me I guess and feels natural.

We played at high volume so I'm surprised the recordings actually came out as clearly as they do, and oh yeah we got pretty heavy at times, like a semi-trailer with a load of live pigs with the brakes on full lock screeching to a halt. Re the photos; we had one guy follow us from gig to gig, a photographer who took loads of photos of the band. I really enjoyed that entire experience with The Immediatists.

Interesting stuff. Not sure why, but it makes me think..."Zappa meets the Grateful Dead"
Like Lalo Schifrin and The Dirty Three being raped by The Swans is how the article writer put it. I like the inclusion of Zappa in there.

All that stuff was pure improvisation and great fun to play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts