Sax on the Web Forum banner

The Greatest Saxophone Clip on Youtube has just been released!

7K views 62 replies 25 participants last post by  gary 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok maybe not the greatest by any means ... but definitely one of the funnier ones out there :) Hope you guys enjoy it!

PS - Watch the entire movie ... there's a special ending after the tune is over ;)

#5 ·
Forget the first part. REMIX-----YEAH!

it's over quicker;);):D

#8 ·
Well, as someone opined recently, there isn't a thread I won't open. This just proved it! :shock:

#16 ·
Andrew said:
Ok maybe not the greatest by any means ... but definitely one of the funnier ones out there :) Hope you guys enjoy it!

PS - Watch the entire movie ... there's a special ending after the tune is over ;)
Sorry, Andrew. I couldn't hang for the ending. I didn't find it musical or entertaining. :(

#17 ·
Awww, c'mon George.

It's youthful exuberance.:D

(and you can fast forward)

#18 ·
Dr G said:
Sorry, Andrew. I couldn't hang for the ending. I didn't find it musical or entertaining. :(
Me neither.

This reminds me of that masquerade scene in the movie Amadeus in which Mozart mocks Salieri and his music by making faces as he played on the harpsichord and substituting a fart for the ending chord. The reason why Mozart's "joke" worked is because he was able to play Salieri's music far better than Salieri ever could.

This is clearly not the case here. Sorry, Andrew. All I see are two kids who play soprano saxophone rather poorly. :?

#20 · (Edited)
SaxyAcoustician said:
This is clearly not the case here. Sorry, Andrew. All I see are two kids who play soprano saxophone rather poorly. :?
lol ... well first off, the curved soprano that my friend was playing is completely out of adjustment. I'm 100% surprised that he could even play it remotely in tune. Second, we can play musically ... it was 100% a joke on our part. We weren't trying to offend anyone ... just trying to have a little bit of fun in such a serious environment. Our next couple of vids are going to be 100% serious ... we promise :twisted: ... Seriously, they will be though. We feel like we have to redeem ourselves for being so crazy w/this last vid lol.

If you can't take it, check us out playing Mr. PC ... or Cherokee ... or any of the Rhythm Changes tunes ... we have a couple "serious" videos there to offset the "funny" videos we've got. We'll add some real videos soon enough ... no messing around next time :shock: ...

Now for those of you who did enjoy the video, thanks for understanding our humor.

#21 ·
Hey Pinoy (?), I didn't mind it at all - it was just some sillyness. But next time you do something like this, could you make it more like 2 minutes than 7? I hung in there for the big ending and, well.... you get my point. :)

#22 ·
Andrew said:
lol ... well first off, the curved soprano that my friend was playing is completely out of adjustment. I'm 100% surprised that he could even play it remotely in tune.
A player's tone quality is irrespective of the horn's adjustment. Tone quality starts at the mouthpiece with the air and articulation. You can tell how a person will sound just by how he blows into just the mouthpiece.

Ok, so how about the straight soprano? I'm assuming that was in adjustment.

Andrew said:
Second, we can play musically ...
Alright, if you really want to redeem yourselves, post a video of you guys seriously playing this tune--seriously. If you can sound even remotely like Dave Koz I'll rescind every critical statement I made in this thread and you will have my respect as a saxophone player. Deal?

#23 ·
Har har!!!! I loved the stupidity of it all. I used to record my alto sax playing and make speed it up to sound like that for kicks when I was learning the saxophone. Dumb as it sounds it did help me get my listening ears up to speed on Charlie Parkers music.

Thanks for posting it, I bet Dizzy and Louis Armstrong would have a few laughs watching the fun. :D

Try these FUN videos:

#24 · (Edited)
SaxyAcoustician said:
A player's tone quality is irrespective of the horn's adjustment. Tone quality starts at the mouthpiece with the air and articulation. You can tell how a person will sound just by how he blows into just the mouthpiece.

Alright, if you really want to redeem yourselves, post a video of you guys seriously playing this tune--seriously.
Hey Andrew - nice to get free lessons on the web, wot? They'll come in handy next time you take your horn out and sit down to play with the UNT One O'clock Band. Maybe you can even pass them along to some of those private students you have who have won state-wide prizes; what a deal. :D

Oh BTW, you don't have to post squat here, as far as I'm concerned. You play your *** off.

#26 ·
Love it!

I am sorry but cannot understand any negativity about this, it is just a bit of fun.

Music can be fun, right? I think the comments about your tone were a bit strong, listening to your stuff on myspace.....wow!

You have performed with Phil Woods? and worked with Gladys Knight?, that is one hell of a CV you have, and you don't need to prove anything here......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.