Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe Euge Groove used to frequent SOTW but I'm not sure that he does any more. I think he has the most unique sound and approach to playing smooth jazz and I think his playing sounds deceptively easy until you actually try to do the same thing. So many beautiful little inflections and nuances in his playing make for a really special sound. I offer the following track as a small tribute to his music it's one of my favourite tracks from him. I played it on Soprano instead of tenor as he did on the original recording.
https://soundcloud.com/alex-nyman-759436259%2Fthe-gospel-truth
Thanks for listening if you have time. Alex

· Premium Member
18,210 Posts
That's a beautiful recording Alex. Your soprano sounds almost as 'smooth' as a flute at places and you capture that style very well.

Euge is still a >member<) here, but isn't that active with posting lately.

Thanks for sharing. :)

· Registered
807 Posts
Che meraviglia ! what wonderful !

· Registered
2,273 Posts
:cheers:

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really beautiful! Post more stuff if you get the chance.
Thanks Mark much appreciated. I have a few tracks up here already and a few others on my Soundcloud account. Now we are finally settled in our new home and my studio is up and running I have the space in which to work and will be recording and uploading. Kind regards, Alex

· VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
17,764 Posts
Thanks Mark much appreciated. I have a few tracks up here already and a few others on my Soundcloud account. Now we are finally settled in our new home and my studio is up and running I have the space in which to work and will be recording and uploading. Kind regards, Alex
Alex,
I'm gonna check out your other stuff. It was beautiful to listen to and that was a wonderful picture of you and the family!

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alex,
I'm gonna check out your other stuff. It was beautiful to listen to and that was a wonderful picture of you and the family!
Thank you Mark. My wife and I had the children later in life and so glad we did wait. Still only 8 and 11 so a wonderful journey for us every day. Thank you for checking out my tracks as and when you have time. Much appreciated. Alex

· Distinguished SOTW Member
1,395 Posts
I offer the following track as a small tribute to his music it's one of my favourite tracks from him. I played it on Soprano instead of tenor as he did on the original recording.
Thanks for the tribute and the kind words. You sound incredible on soprano on it. I never would have thought soprano. There is a lot of back story to writing that song that I won't bore you with. It was cut live at Sunset Sound in Hollywood around 2009? I think.

I have a question for you: Who did the track? They really did an amazing job on transcribing things. Especially Tracy Carter's piano. No easy task there for sure.

· Registered
1,304 Posts
I believe Euge Groove used to frequent SOTW but I'm not sure that he does any more. I think he has the most unique sound and approach to playing smooth jazz and I think his playing sounds deceptively easy until you actually try to do the same thing. So many beautiful little inflections and nuances in his playing make for a really special sound. I offer the following track as a small tribute to his music it's one of my favourite tracks from him. I played it on Soprano instead of tenor as he did on the original recording.
Thanks for listening if you have time. Alex
Let's call that music by it's simple name... masterpiece. Thanks Alex. Feels like you are all in this tune.
Michael.

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the tribute and the kind words. You sound incredible on soprano on it. I never would have thought soprano. There is a lot of back story to writing that song that I won't bore you with. It was cut live at Sunset Sound in Hollywood around 2009? I think.

I have a question for you: Who did the track? They really did an amazing job on transcribing things. Especially Tracy Carter's piano. No easy task there for sure.
Thanks Euge that is really quite an amazing compliment and I take it with all sincerity. I found the backing tracks from a guy in Germany. They are very good for sure. Love your playing Very much and I hope you are keeping busy after this lockdown. Thanks once more for your kind words. They really do me and a great deal to me I can assure you. Kind regards. Alex

· Forum Contributor 2013-2017
751 Posts
That was truly beautiful, Alex, thanks much for sharing.

The music itself was so reflective and sounded so personal I started digging around to try to find out more. Listened to the original on tenor on YT, read the comments, I think I have an idea what the background is, but I would dearly love to hear Euge's "back story".

Keep safe,
Kenneth

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.