4,344 Posts
Hi Bob

I have only watched two so far but this is exactly where I am at

Thankyou

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, DifferenceTone. (Can I call you Tom or something? Just feels more personal.) ;)

SaxPunter: Glad it resonated.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
Bob, the only downside is that in advertising your site you don't have to say negative things about other sites, like saying recently in your video ad that offering 4 lessons a month "is ridiculous" (we all know very well what you were referring to ... I personally felt sad about your comment). You could very well avoid that kind of attitude.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,790 Posts
Bob, the only downside is that in advertising your site you don't have to say negative things about other sites, like saying recently in your video ad that offering 4 lessons a month "is ridiculous" (we all know very well what you were referring to ... I personally felt sad about your comment). You could very well avoid that kind of attitude.
Most people, especially adults can only handle 4 lessons a month. I don't have anyone I teach more than once a week and usually they are sweating to keep up and do the work. The main reason I have had people leave my site to date is............I have too much to work on. I'll be back when I get caught up! 4 lessons is plenty!

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
Most people, especially adults can only handle 4 lessons a month. I don't have anyone I teach more than once a week and usually they are sweating to keep up and do the work. The main reason I have had people leave my site to date is............I have too much to work on. I'll be back when I get caught up! 4 lessons is plenty!
Of course it is. But that's not really my point, I don't think you really have to defend yourself. It's your concept of a site and it works fine for a lot of people (including me, I've been a member for 2 years now). My point to Bob is that to promote yourself you don't have to be negative about other people's work. He has a different concept of what a site should be. Fine! Let the people choose. Market differentiation is always a good thing, people have different choices for different needs. Let's avoid that "mine is better than yours, yours is crap" attitude. Just suggesting ...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For what it's worth, I agree with you all. I gather Steve runs a superb site. In fact, I've recommended it to several people.

Unnecessary comment on my part. Point taken and thanks for the feedback.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,764 Posts
Bob,

It all looks and sounds great, but if no one can join at the moment because membership is full?????

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, Dog (or do you prefer Pants?) --

This post (and master class video) was posted here before the site closed--to NEW members. Yes, it is currently sold out. This is so we can absorb and focus on the current and recently added members.

It's a hybrid site: not only are there nearly 100 videos in the library but there's also very interactive forum. I respond, give feedback, and help guide members through the material. I also tailor-make lesson videos for the group so it takes time to digest all the requests and comments, etc.

If you'd like to be on the waiting list for the next time the site becomes available please sign up here. You can also check out a complimentary lesson here.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You have a true gift in relating to people. There are some great musicians who just can't teach, or treat people who aren't as musically proficient like crap. A few years back, Delfeayo Marsalis told my class of 14 year olds that we were a waste to our school, and we would never be good enough to truly play jazz. I loke your style a little bit more

1 - 18 of 18 Posts