Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
YAMAHA YAS-82ZS YAMAHA YSS-82ZS YAMAHA YTS-82Z
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.I bought a Yamaha 82z tenor.The color inside the horn has chromatism(I marked the part).Is it a inferior horn?Thanks.

Musical instrument Brass instrument Wind instrument Yellow Musician
Liquid Drinkware Automotive tire Tableware Fluid

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What? You're concerned about a visible bell seam and/or subtle discoloration inside the horn?

My goodness, there's nothing wrong with it. Just play the thing!
Thank you for your reply.I know the seam is normal.But the chromatism (in the first photo,the darker part)make me unhappy.It'a a new one.And I'm a perfectionist.So I'm unhappay to see that...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where lacquer thins or comes off a horn it reveals the structural seam. Like others say its normal. There is just thin lacquer inside the bell.
Thank you for your reply.I know the seam is normal.But the chromatism (in the first photo,the darker part)make me unhappy.It'a a new one.And I'm a perfectionist.So I'm unhappay to see that...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The inside of a saxophone is not lacquered, so it looks different and the seam may be visible. This is normal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you don’t need to replay each person with the same answer.... but you are a perfectionist , I can see that!
Yes I am.It's not a good thing to be a perfecetionist.My alto and soprano are both 82zs,with no problem.(Maybe the silver plated ones don't have that problem).And when I boutht tennor,I decided to buy an ordinary lacqered one instead of a silver plated, because I don't kown a populer player plays a siver plated tenor(I kown Eric M play a silver palated soprano, Dave Koz and Mindi play silver plated alto). I don't kown why,maybe the silver plated is too bright for a tenor?...But the the chromatism of this ordinary tenor makes me unhappy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As a sax owner, if a perfectly normal condition gets you down, I'm afraid you will have a very unhappy experience as the horn ages and deteriorates.
emm.I thought it's unnormal so I was unhappy.Now I know it's normal.So I'm fine now.Thank you everyone here~

1 - 20 of 59 Posts