Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got in from the best gig I've ever played. We have this little jazz/soul band going on that we recently added a drummer to, she's an understated Japanese lady that tonight just cooked the groove from start to finish. I've had a few setbacks of late but man tonight was fun. It just worked all night. Makes it all worthwhile.

I just wanted to share.

·
Forum Contributor 2010-2016
1,706 Posts
Great to hear Punter. I had a nice if low paying gig up in Melbourne tonight - a sort of farwell because the main man behind the band is off to live on Flinders Island. Great vibes are worth hanging out for. Although getting home around 3am (2am in your case it seems) is not my cup of tea these days.

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,019 Posts
We have this little jazz/soul band going on that we recently added a drummer to, she's an understated Japanese lady that tonight just cooked the groove from start to finish..
Hey that's great saxpunter. Makes it all worthwhile. Man, that sounds like a fun band. And there's nothing better than playing with a great drummer who can groove!! And nothing worse than playing with one who can't. The absolutely essential importance of a good drummer is too often overlooked.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
Time for some more youtube vids punter.

A good drummer is something to rave about.

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts