Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to add a long tone routine to my sax playing. At first it was 5 minutes of C# which mirrored the Trevor Wye long tone exercise on flute. But I changed it to one breath per note full range of the horn. So heres day 4. I did a gig last night on the Showboat and felt like I was fighting it so today I'm back to my earnie Northway piece which is brighter but also fuller. So day 4. You can follow all the days on my Practice with Kride series. who knows if just 30 days will change my tone for the better. But I'm willing to gamble the 7 minutes it takes daily. I also added a mouthpiece warmup but I ll discuss that in further detail in another Practice with Kride video. Enjoy, as a friend of mine keeps saying , if not now , when????

https://youtu.be/P-3IyI2X8oU

·
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did a new recording today and felt like on day 5 Im getting a better handle on it. The recording sounds bright but in a real room its nice. I did my con hospital monday gig this morning and noticed that my tone was much more what I wanted and thanks to transcribing some Sanborn I'm phrasing in ways I have never done before. So this method is moving me in a good direction K

·
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not gonna do a link. but Day 8 Sounds better and better and response is so much better. should have done this years ago K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts