Sax on the Web Forum banner

TH&C Alto Resonators

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jicaino 
#1 ·
Hello again. Does anyone know where I might find three snap on metal resonators (for the two "side keys and the Eb?") You may recall I have acquired two Top Hat and Cane altos. One is absolutely original and the other unfortunately is lacking the above. Both have the original Norton springs in good condition. Both, however, have been relacquered. The one needing the metal resonators (339,XXX) was gone through completely and my tech sadly informed me those three spuds had been ground out and replaced with Selmer style plastic. He replaced those pads with the kind that have metal resonators. He said he could manufacture and solder in new spuds if we could find the resonators...so my call is out. The second
horn is being completely repadded and rehabilitated as necessary. On the up side, the one I am trying to return to "original' conditions sounds terrific and if it stays the way it is, it will still be a great horn, so I am not jumping off any cliffs over this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.