Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been playing Tenor for a while, and have gotten pretty good. Recently i have started doubling on a bari. The other day i played my tenor and on most of the upper register i squeak when i change between the notes. could this be a result of the bari??
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
Joined
·
3,204 Posts
would be strange, because you need a looser embouchure on bari than on tenor. I don't have that problem.

Do you place your fingers differently now? that can make you squeak. Maybe put the bari aside for a few days, work on the tenor and see if the problem persists.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jolle. i have been playing my tenor and no bari for a couple of days, and it is helping little by little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
You'll have a different ombisure for different instruments. It's best to play each one a few minutes and then switch back and forth until you feel comfortable making the switch. I've done it with alto, tenor and clarinet. You just need a little practice, it'll make the transitions much easier.
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
Joined
·
32,939 Posts
SBramblett said:
i squeak when i change between the notes. could this be a result of the bari??
No. It is probably you. :shock:

To find out, lock the bari in an adjacent room when you play tenor. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Dr G said:
No. It is probably you. :shock:

To find out, lock the bari in an adjacent room when you play tenor. :D
Yeah, he's probably right......forget what I said and don't bother to practice. :D
 

·
Aw what about me?
Joined
·
294 Posts
SBramblett said:
I have been playing Tenor for a while, and have gotten pretty good. Recently i have started doubling on a bari. The other day i played my tenor and on most of the upper register i squeak when i change between the notes. could this be a result of the bari??

this happened to me to i played tenor sax and switched to tuba for a while and when i went back to the sax i squeaked alot while changing notes but i just got use to it again and it all came back to me so i guess just practice
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top