Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking for the tenor/straight soprano saxophone case; I've heard some rumors that ProTec is going to show these on the closest NAMM, but nothing else... does anybody know, is there any company which makes that kind of stuff?

Best regards,
Szymon

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very very much, that's exactly what I'm looking for to protect my Selmers!

edit: Have you tried to contact Mike via e-mail lately? I tried numerous times, but nobody responded.

·
Registered
439 Posts
McTenor- Do you know if Mike sells the TS-SS case elsewhere online? Or do you know if there is an American distributer who carries this case?
I am digging the design of these!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mike Manning in NYC makes a great double Tenor, Soprano case. You can find him online. I've bought many cases from him and they're excellent!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have talked to Mike before- he seems like a great guy! But, my 2 reservations about the Manning cases are as follows:

1) The $650 for the case + the $ to travel to and stay in NY.
2) I like to try new things. Especially options that will save me money.

I would love to find out that someone was selling a used Manning double case at a good price for 2 Yamahas. But, as I've never seen that, I'm exploring this option from Germany.

I appreciate the info, though!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Too bad Theomanns doesn't make a tenor/ soprano case.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
A couple of reason's to not have double cases;

An "accident"- of some sort(yeah-yeah, I know, Manning cases are fortresses)but then you have 2 horns damaged.
In the very rare event somebody decides to kype the case-2 horns gone.
also-a lot of weight to lug around....

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
I must say that I really liked the CONCEPT behind the BAM Trekking Tenor and Alto Cases with the attachable/detachable soprano case (Hip Hop).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for all the responses guys; I've watched Mike Mannings videos, and his cases look very impressive, but it's impossible for me to send my horns to make the measurements... I play Series III soprano and Reference 36 tenor and use them every day... Not to mention that this operation would be very risky and expensive (insured shipping of saxophone to USA is ridiculously high in Poland).

Reunion Blues cases are beautifully made, but I have to admit that I don't have so much credit to the gig bags; I prefer my horns to be protected with a padded hard shell. Or, at least hardened. Many moons ago, long before registering to this forum, I had a old YAS-23, a backup alto, nothing really special, but for my use of alto it was just what I needed, which has been trashed when some a***ole throwed his bag on the case top in a bus.

I think that the BAGS' case is the best option for me, but I could not find their website anywhere... it looks that they just don't maintain it. I'm also awaiting response from the SOUNDWEAR company - they're making some very nice cases for S/A/T & S/A combo; maybe they'll be able to modify one of their cases to fit tenor & soprano on a special order.

Best regards,
Szymon

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,596 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Dang, someone must have been taking me for a ride.
I don’t particularly care, even though it's nice to see so many of his loyal customers jumping to attention as if he'd been attacked; but, it's irrelevant because it’s the cumulative expense that is the issue, not simply the case price. Eventually, I will make a Manning case happen- regardless of the expense, his seem to be the way to go.

Getting back to the original post, Benon- if you want a good double case from the USA, go Manning. Plus, "once you're in, you're in", and you'll have a small gang to jump any of your case critics! Lol!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts