Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon!

I have been reading the posts for some time now and am pleased to read the reports of experiences and opinions.

Now I have registered myself for this forum because I'm in need of information about a tenor saxophone.
It bears the designation "B. HAMMOG" and then follows the "R" for "registered trademark".
The "O" is slightly different from the usual standard, of course it is also connected with the typeface.
Another important clue is the marking on the S-bow.
Is there anyone in the forum who has heard of this logo before?
I have not found any reference to this name, although it is a registered trademark.

I'm looking forward to hear from you!

Attachments

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
19,238 Posts
It's gonna be really hard to identify the maker of this one. At first I thought it was a contemporary horn, but it has details reminiscent of a Buffet Dynaction (pinky table, bell brace, etc) although it certainly isn't a Buffet.

But I don't think it's a vintage (i.e. pre-1980) horn. The finish also doesn't help any....was it refinished at some point, or is that an original finish ? Who knows ?

Interesting sax.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think it might be "B. Hammig" not Hammog. Whether it might have been private labeled for some relative of the various different Hammig flutemakers, or just someone trying to capitalize on the name, who knows.

There are some details that aren't really like most Asian imports that are roughly takeoffs of a Selmer. For example the bell key rods on the left side. It sorta looks like someone got one of the Santoni saxes (which also have the -S- on the neck octave key) that are said to be Dynaction takeoffs, and copied that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts