Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've been playing alto for about 6 years now and I really want to learn how to play the tenor, however I can't seem to find which jazz mouthpiece I'd like to start out on. I am willing to spend up to $100, maybe a little over if that's what it takes, but I don't want to spend a lot on a mouthpiece if I turn out to not be that great at the instrument. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I haven't tried them personally, but the MacSax Aura sounds like exactly what you're looking for. Like a great Florida Link, apparently, but it's $84 because it's made by 3D printing. Check out their website, the clips sound awesome.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,358 Posts
For me, the best tenor mouthpiece for the money/sound is the Rico Metalite. I use an M5 or an M7. For under $30 a nice mouthpiece to start tenor with and I have been playing tenor since 1960 (mainly an alto player) and still have a few.Check out Kessler's ad here at SOTW as they have them with the H lig for a great price.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,164 Posts
I've got a Vandoren V16 T7 (rubber) that's within your budget if interested, $85 shipped from Australia.
Its in very good shape too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts