Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am a freshman in high school looking to buy a professional/high intermediate tenor for preferably around $1500. I could probably go up to around $2000 if something was a good deal, and worth the money. For background, I started on alto in 6th grade and I switched to tenor about 1 year ago, and have been using the school one for a while. It isn't a very good horn, and I'm looking to keep playing music throughout my life, so I'm looking for a good horn to stick with for a while. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I just found someone selling a YTS82Z for around 2400, so I'm looking into that as it is above my price range, but is about 1300 under new selling price, so its a very good deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a whole slew of possibilities out there.$1500 can get you a hella lotta horn.

More info would help. I mean, all we know so far is you want a solid quality horn. What sorta stuff do you play ? Sectional ? Front-man ? Big Band ? Classical ? Marching band ?

What kinda music do you like ? What sorta sound are you looking for ? Bright, reedy, smooth, smoky, sexy, dark, growly, punchy, silky, seduce-the-ladies, etc ????
With this horn I'd probably be using the school horn for marching band, but I'd use this horn for jazz band, and A wind ensemble, so It'd be good if it could useful for multiple playing styles, although I understand that can also go towards the mouthpiece. I like to listen to rock mostly, but some jazz. As far as the sound goes, anything would probably be alright, although I wouldn't want anything sounding to bright.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts