Sax on the Web Forum banner
1061 - 1066 of 1066 Posts

· Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,061 ·
Today, I am reviewing the GetASax GS Freddie Gregory Super Deluxe MARK II Copy tenor saxophone mouthpieces in a 7, 7* and 8 tip opening. These GetASax Mark II tenor sax mouthpieces are replicas of great playing, original facing, Freddie Gregory MARK II tenor saxophone mouthpieces. I have been looking forward to reviewing these GetASax GS Freddie Gregory MARK II Copy tenor saxophone mouthpieces because I have played some great Freddie Gregory mouthpieces in the past and know how special (and incredibly expensive) they can be.

In my opinion, the GetASax GS Freddie Gregory Super Deluxe MARK II tenor saxophone mouthpiece is a great tenor saxophone mouthpiece for those of you looking for a great playing tenor sax mouthpiece with a rich and robust tenor tone that sits more in the middle of the dark to bright tone spectrum of the tenor saxophone. The GS MARK II tenor sax mouthpieces can get a nice brightness and power when pushed but can also get a great jazz tone (think Bob Mintzer type of tenor sax tone) that would be incredible for straight ahead jazz playing in my opinion. Check out the full review and sound clips at the link below……..

GetaSax GS Freddie Gregory Super Deluxe Mark II Copy Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece Review

Hand Food Gesture Finger Cone

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,062 ·
Today, I am reviewing another great tenor saxophone mouthpiece from SYOS mouthpieces in France. This is the SYOS Max Ionata signature model 7* tenor saxophone mouthpiece I will be reviewing today.

If you are a saxophone player, and you don’t know about Max Ionata, you are in for a real treat. Max Ionata is a swingin’ tenor saxophone player who lives in Italy and is one of my favorite jazz saxophone players. The SYOS Max Ionata tenor saxophone mouthpiece is a great mouthpiece that balances on that fine line between brightness and power while still being able to produce a full, thick and rich tone for jazz playing.

Check out my review, sound clips and the video of Max Ionata playing on his SYOS mouthpiece and decide for yourself.

Cloud Hand Sky Azure Finger

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,064 ·
Today I am reviewing the Phil-Tone Rift tenor saxophone mouthpiece made by Phil Engleman at Phil-Tone mouthpieces. The Phil-Tone Rift tenor saxophone mouthpiece is a great mouthpiece for those of you who value power without sacrificing thickness and depth of tone. Many tenor sax mouthpieces that are built for power lose some richness of tone, thickness and a fat full sound especially in the upper register and altissimo range of the saxophone. The husky and thick sound of the Rift tenor mouthpiece would make it a great choice for Rock n’ Roll, funk, pop and I think even jazz music once you learn to control the unbridled power of the Rift. Check out my full review and sound clips and decided for yourself……..

Gesture Finger Cloud Gadget Thumb

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,065 ·
Dear @Nefertiti , with the new design of your homepage, I cannot find the one page that lists all reviews in all the categories anymore. Is that page still there, and would you kindly help me navigate there?
Also, is there a search function embedded somewhere on your homepage?
You have to go to the blog page. Blog The search box is on the top right of that page and the complete mouthpiece review index is in the right hand column.

· Registered
210 Posts
You have to go to the blog page. Blog The search box is on the top right of that page and the complete mouthpiece review index is in the right hand column.
Thank you. This was an easy find on my PC. However, this tells me that my trouble stemmed from me recently accessing your website exclusively using my smartphone. I managed to find those overviews after all as well by scrolling way down past the first page of review post.
If I may, I would like to suggest that you have this overview section implemented perhaps as part of the navigation menu. I believe this would improve the accessibility of your homepage for smartphone users. I also was not able to find the search box using the web browser of my smartphone.

1061 - 1066 of 1066 Posts