Sax on the Web Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1066 Posts

· Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,024 ·
Posted a new review and sound clips of the new Macsax Queso 8* tenor saxophone mouthpiece today. This is a beautiful rhodium (silver) plated mouthpiece that has a full fat tone that can be pushed for added brightness and power. This is a great mouthpiece if you need a more contemporary saxophone tone that can wail and cut through the mix or if you just need to lay back and play some jazz standards. Great mouthpiece for getting around in the altissimo range also. Check out the review at:

https://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2019/12/macsax-queso-tenor-saxophone-mouthpiece-review/

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,025 ·
Posted a new review and sound clip of the Saxscape Downtown MB1 slim profile tenor saxophone mouthpiece today. The Downtown MB1 is modeled after the famous Dave Guardala model that Michael Brecker played on most of his career, and is great for jazz fusion, smooth jazz, rock, and wherever a bright, quality sound is needed. High baffle and big chamber. Check out the review to find out more and hear how it sounds........

https://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2019...im-profile-tenor-saxophone-mouthpiece-review/

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,026 ·
Posted a new review and sound clip of a brand new model Ken Barry at Saxscape mouthpieces has been working on. This is paraphrasing but Ken told me that it is his first attempt at a Florida Otto Link type tone concept but with a new baffle concept, straight sidewalls and different chamber. Basically he was targeting that sound and tone but coming at it from a different design concept. This is a beautiful and interesting sounding mouthpiece in my opinion. You can find out more details in the review. Happy New Year! Steve

https://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2019...im-profile-tenor-saxophone-mouthpiece-review/

13,852 Posts

13,852 Posts

13,852 Posts

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,030 ·
Today I reviewed the SYOS Lorenzo Ferrero Model 8* tenor saxophone mouthpiece. Great playing mouthpiece with a thick, rich tone while still giving you power and edge when needed. Three sound clips included at the end of the review. Check it out!

Finger Hand Material property Plastic Nail

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,031 ·
Posted a new review of the Phil-Tone Orion 7* tenor sax mouthpiece today. I have to admit that I really enjoyed playing the Phil-Tone Orion mouthpiece. I am listening back to the sound clips even as I type these thoughts, and I think the Orion has a unique tone and richness of character that makes it a joy to play as well as listen to in my mind. Check it out!

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,032 ·
Reso Chamber month continues at Neffmusic! I just posted a review and sound clips of an incredible copy of an Otto Link Reso Chamber tenor sax mouthpiece called the GetASax GS RESO. I wrote a lot of details about it but I think the sound clips speak for themselves. Beautiful playing mouthpiece with a rich warm tone that I could listen to and play on all day! Check it out!

GetaSax GS Reso Model Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece Review

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,033 ·
Decided to add another sound clip to the GS RESO tenor sax mouthpiece review below. Just click on the link and go to the bottom of the page and you will see a third sound clip of the mouthpiece using a BSS (Boston Sax Shop) #3 reed. Hope it helps those of you who asked for it........

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,034 ·
Many of you have been waiting patiently for my next GetASax RESO tenor sax mouthpiece review and here it is. This a review and sound clip of the GS RESO FG Special 7* tenor saxophone mouthpiece which is a precise replica of a great Otto Link Reso Chamber tenor sax mouthpiece that was refaced to 7* by the great Freddie Gregory. Check it out!

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,035 ·
Today, I did a side by side comparison with four SYOS tenor sax mouthpieces with sound clips to help you decide between the Chad LB mouthpiece, the Tivon Pennicott mouthpiece, the Michael Wilbur mouthpiece and the Lorenzo Ferrero tenor saxophone mouthpiece. I provide 24 short sound clips in 6 categories so you can compare these four SYOS mouthpieces side by side. Each clip is recorded with the same microphone and recording settings. Hope it helps!-Steve

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,036 ·
Very excited to post a new review today on the BSS (Boston Sax Shop) S-Series tenor saxophone mouthpiece. The BSS S-Series represents all of the qualities that a great Soloist tenor sax mouthpiece can have in a more modern offering and tip size. In my opinion, the S-Series tenor saxophone mouthpiece is a great tenor sax mouthpiece for those of you looking for a tenor mouthpiece with a tone that is warm, dark and focused. It is a great hard rubber jazz mouthpiece that would be incredible for straight ahead jazz playing. In my opinion, it's got it's own vibe going on with it. There is something unique and special that only a Soloist style mouthpiece can give you in my opinion. I love it! Check it out!

13,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,037 ·
Just posted an in-depth review and four sound clips of the new 10mFan Celebration tenor saxophone mouthpiece. The Celebration tenor saxophone mouthpiece has a tone that is incredibly warm, rich, thick and complex sounding. It leans to the darker side of the tenor saxophone tone spectrum in my opinion but the tone is so rich and full of overtones that it creates this "energy" and "life" in the tone that just makes it so enjoyable to play as well as listen to. Honestly, I write so many of these descriptive words in all my reviews to try to describe what I hear or feel, but at the end of the day you just have to listen to the sound clips yourself and decide what you think. I loved it! Let me know what you think..........

1021 - 1040 of 1066 Posts