Peace

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
Best mouthpieces ever made! 😁

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have a modified 10E bp 7 that is now .114 or .115. It has been opened 3 times to it's current state & it's best for me now. But, I'm not using it at this time. It has always been very dark for me. The bottom & middle was strong but I could never get the top of the horn speak with authority. The 8* balances the response better.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got a Tenney Slant in an original 7* facing. It's an incredible mouthpiece and actually very versatile according to what strength/brand of reed I use. Great projection and awesome response. On my Conn 10M it's a great Jazz mpc. On my YTS-82ZU it can be a good R&B mpc with a Select Jazz 3 soft. It's also very versatile on my Mark VI depending on reed strength/brand.

I've also got a Tenney perfected Otto Link STM 7* that has been my primary mpc for about 10 years. The Tenney Slant is actually a little brighter and punchier than the Tenney STM. I'll never get rid of either of these two mpc's. I've been playing my 7* Florida Otto Link STM a lot lately since I acquired a 1962 Mark VI. The Florida Link is a bit too bright for me on my 82Z but really great on the Mark VI. The Tenney STM 7* is a good match for the 82Z.

If you get a chance to buy a Tenney Slant or Tenney Perfected STM at a reasonable price jump on it. These are great mpc's!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts