Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,831 Posts
Interesting. Sounds stilted and MIDI-like for parts of it, but could be the equipment used. Lots of potential though, with live instruments!

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Very creative with some nice quality playing. Has a very distinctive feel that's of an earlier time, but with some different harmonies that are not of that time. Can certainly hear the New Orleans influence.

First beat where the bass comes in needs reworking as it feels like a sloppy edit with timing not quite right and also very abrupt (doesn't feel like a flowing fit). I like the stops/space as this works OK. Possibly a little too complex/muddy towards the end with so many lines and some not quite in time, not that it has to be. Could use coming back to a simple statement more like the beginning.

Just opinions. If this is exactly what you want, then it should stand as is. I like the feel of it and creativity that went into this. Thanks for putting it forward.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very creative with some nice quality playing. Has a very distinctive feel that's of an earlier time, but with some different harmonies that are not of that time. Can certainly hear the New Orleans influence.

First beat where the bass comes in needs reworking as it feels like a sloppy edit with timing not quite right and also very abrupt (doesn't feel like a flowing fit). I like the stops/space as this works OK. Possibly a little too complex/muddy towards the end with so many lines and some not quite in time, not that it has to be. Could use coming back to a simple statement more like the beginning.

Just opinions. If this is exactly what you want, then it should stand as is. I like the feel of it and creativity that went into this. Thanks for putting it forward.
I kept up messing that bass part up, so I got frustrated and just left, I'll fix it eventually haha. Thanks for the input, besides that bass part I like it how it is

1 - 6 of 6 Posts