Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ted Hegvik will be saxophone soloist with the New Holland (Pennsylvania) Band in their spring concert on March 13, 2011. I know there are some forum members from the area who would enjoy hearing this. Hegvik, a retired saxophone and clarinet professor at West Chester University, is one of the leading scholars of Rudy Wiedoeft and will perform two of Wiedoeft's compositions as well as Jules Demersseman's Fantaisie. Details here.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Thank you for letting us know. My private saxo teacher from my high school days is still active in Lancaster County, and he was a student of Hegvik's from back in the West Chester days. This is going to be awesome.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I am going to try to attend. This is in my neighborhood and I know a few of the members who play in this band.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I did attend this concert yesterday. Ted Hegvik did 2 solos along with the New Holland Band. He really makes that Selmer alto sing! Jules Demersseman's Fantaisie was performed by the band without him. I was really glad that I was able to go and did not miss it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I looks to be from yesterdays concert as they did have the bands drums on the front of the stage and I do recognize the tenor sax player who is a friend.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looks like a great concert. I'm envious because we don't get a lot of classical saxophone events on the west coast. Or maybe I'm not looking hard enough!

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts