Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'm a member on Bob Reynolds' lesson site, and he talks about practicing at 60bpm. I think you should try that. I'm no supreme technical master by a long shot but I've been practicing like this for a few months now and I believe that it has greatly improved my technique and time feel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a member on Bob Reynolds' lesson site, and he talks about practicing at 60bpm. I think you should try that. I'm no supreme technical master by a long shot but I've been practicing like this for a few months now and I believe that it has greatly improved my technique and time feel.
Thanks! I'll give that a try!

Also - was it you who gave the advice about my tone issues? I'd like to thank you now as I believe it has really begun to straighten me out tone wise.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Possibly? I'm not sure. You'd have to post a link. Besides, it sure didn't come from me - I undoubtedly got the advice I passed on to you from someone who is way better and more experienced than I am.

As for practicing slow - keep it all slurred. Bob says that the time has to be in your fingers, not with your tongue. Try to match the notes with the metronome click so that they overlap. That way, you know that your playing is in time - perfectly.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts

·
Out of Office
Grafton + TH & C alto || Naked Lady 10M || TT soprano || Martin Comm III
30,105 Posts
Hi all,

Just wondering as to what exercises I should work on to get awesome technique. If you can help in any way, please do!
Anything yo can lay your hands on, including a lot of articulation, long note and tone exercises, which many people either forget or ignore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.