Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Back with another new video. Here is a little taste of TEACHING Smooth Jazz! There will be a full "How to Teach Smooth Jazz" video coming out next month, so stay tuned for that. Until then sit back, relax, and enjoy the smooth sounds from my students!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry, Dave, but you forgot the BIG HAIR. You can't play smooth jazz without the big hair thing. Big hair makes your sound brighter, darker, more spread, and more focused.
Of course emoting is important as well, you gotta emote! To emote you need to really squeeze your eyes shut tight and prance about like peacock. Show them your moves!

·
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, Dave, but you forgot the BIG HAIR. You can't play smooth jazz without the big hair thing. Big hair makes your sound brighter, darker, more spread, and more focused.
Of course emoting is important as well, you gotta emote! To emote you need to really squeeze your eyes shut tight and prance about like peacock. Show them your moves!
Check out my episode 3! I talk about the 2nd part of your post.

As for the 1st part...stay tuned for my full “How to teach smooth jazz” video!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,386 Posts
smooth jazz confirmation is hilarious
Hey everyone! Back with another new video. Here is a little taste of TEACHING Smooth Jazz! There will be a full "How to Teach Smooth Jazz" video coming out next month, so stay tuned for that. Until then sit back, relax, and enjoy the smooth sounds from my students!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
A good friend of mine who teaches jazz at a local University compares "traditional jazz" to "smooth jazz" with a cheese analogy. They make Cheeze Whiz spell it that way because it contains such a small amount of "real" cheese. To call it "cheese" amounts to false advertising. I think we should start a movement to change the spelling of "Smooth Jazz" to something different for the same reason.

Comparing natural cheese and processed cheese.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
a good friend of mine who teaches jazz at a local university compares "traditional jazz" to "smooth jazz" with a cheese analogy. They make cheeze whiz spell it that way because it contains such a small amount of "real" cheese. To call it "cheese" amounts to false advertising. I think we should start a movement to change the spelling of "smooth jazz" to something different for the same reason.

comparing natural cheese and processed cheese.
puhahahaha

·
Registered
707 Posts
A good friend of mine who teaches jazz at a local University compares "traditional jazz" to "smooth jazz" with a cheese analogy. They make Cheeze Whiz spell it that way because it contains such a small amount of "real" cheese. To call it "cheese" amounts to false advertising. I think we should start a movement to change the spelling of "Smooth Jazz" to something different for the same reason.

Pasteurized / heat-shocked milk? No way the resulting product can be called cheese!

My cheese guy would call Tillamook a "dairy product".

·
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
smooth jazz confirmation is hilarious
I thought so too!

I think "instrumental pop" or something like that would be a better description for it. I think it shares a lot more harmonic/structural attributes with pop/RnB music than jazz.

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,028 Posts
Until then, let's see what your intestines think of this! (go to 5:40)
Oh no, you're not going to sucker me in THAT easily!!

Okay, I lied, I already saw that one but it was like someone offering to show you a horribly infected wound - you don't want to look but you can't help yourself. On the plus side, the bit starting at 5:25 reminded me I need to check on the duck prosciutto I have curing in the basement.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,023 Posts
A good friend of mine who teaches jazz at a local University compares "traditional jazz" to "smooth jazz" with a cheese analogy. They make Cheeze Whiz spell it that way because it contains such a small amount of "real" cheese. To call it "cheese" amounts to false advertising. I think we should start a movement to change the spelling of "Smooth Jazz" to something different for the same reason.[/URL]
Just as Cheez Whiz is spelled the way it is, why not Smoov Jizz?

Snooz Pizz?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts