Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've searched SOTW and didn't find anything about my question, so I ask; does anyone have any knowledge on what I can/need to study to pass the TExES Music test (177). I have the "Pass The TExES Exam" books and it didn't work at all. On a side note, don't waste your time or money on this book.

I've already passed the PPR and need to pass the content test with an 80% or better to be able to be a teacher in the Texas. It is extremely difficult to become certified to teach any subject in the Texas.

If y'all have any books, music history books, cd, ect..that I can buy from Amazon or B&N I would appreciate it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I saw your picture. You look like you have all your marbles. I am a reading and English teacher, among other things. I passed all my tests but the content, in NY State. I will take that exam. Maybe, I will complete my state certificate. I have no uses for public education. NAIS.org schools do not require a license. The working conditions are excellent and you can use your own philosophy, as long as the work gets done. Ask, however, public school teacher in your state. Any teacher in the Lone Star State, help this brother out. You will be happy for it. Godspeed.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Whatever you do, don't telephone any of those morons who work in the Austin regional certification office. If you want tap dancing and hand-offs of responsibility for disseminating information, even though they are the regional office with all the answers - they won't give you any answers. Bureaucracy at its finest.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,219 Posts
Guys, you're in TEXAS fer cryin' out loud...:TGNCHK:

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Yes. I've been crying out loud for the last year.
In all fairness, if you have to be in Texas, Austin is the place to be.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
844 Posts
Yes. I've been crying out loud for the last year.
In all fairness, if you have to be in Texas, Austin is the place to be.
ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Back to the OP...contact the local (community?) college in Tyler...they should be able to help you get alternative certification. You could also try contacting the TMEA office in Austin.

If that does not work...

http://www.texasteachers.org/

http://www.online-distance-learning-education.com/article_info.php/articles_id/95

Good luck! Let me know if you have further questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts