Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats there smallest compact unit for harmonies that can be used without chordal inputs from keys or gutar?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cant find any vids of demo with sax or flute anyone hear use it got samples.What would be the next step up from this unit?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Do you already have way to get your mic into your effects chain, Gene, or do you need an effects box that'll accept XLR in? If so, does your mic require phantom power?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The Harmony singer works ok without the trigger, for basic changes. It might not work with all progressions, but can offer some nice extensions and suspense on certain advanced sequences.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use the clip on from K&K direct into my amp so mic to box to amp should work?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Not necessarily. If your amp is currently supplying phantom power to your mic, the effects box you choose won't necessarily pass that power through to your mic. But most of the TC boxes you're looking at will supply 48V phantom power.

Which model of mic is it specifically?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Instuction maual doesnt tell me what the dip sitches do inside and can I use an external 9v supply while there is a battery inside?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Its the Silver bullet mic from K&K sound
I've never used one, and can't advise you on the settings, but the Silver Bullet seems to offer the option of powering with a 9V battery instead of phantom power, so you shouldn't need an external power supply. You could always ask someone at a shop like Long & McQuade for advice.

My pianist complimented the harmonies coming from my TC Quintessence at rehearsal today. I also picked up a Zoom MS-50 recently, which has a few harmonizer patches built in. None is as versatile or clean sounding as my TC, and the tracking's not as good either. That said, the MS-50 multistomp is overall a far more versatile unit, if you only have room for one box.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have one, it's ok with all the presets but I rather go with the "Hall of Fame" which allows for much better manual control of the settings, not to mention that it is way smaller. There are a number of Boss products in the same category: https://www.boss.info/global/categories/vocal_effects/ and a ton of YouTube videos like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5UTHrNsOn4
Maybe I'm mixing up pedals, but isn't the HoF just reverb? I just ordered the HoF 2, if we're talking about the same pedal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts