Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our very own Tbone has been working on restoring an old Martin Tenor for me, and as a teaser sent me the custom neck he manufactured for the horn. It looks Marvelous and was just the color I had imagined (think back to a 1960's Plymouth Barracuda)

the original neck with be lacquered in the reverse. the entire horn is close to finished and I will post what can only be termed as dramatic before and after pictures.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Pete for correcting the decade ;) (btw nice ride!) (to paraphrase an old Hawaii 5-0 joke ""Plum Crazy, In Violet, what da difference?!)

O3, you mean my wild print shirts won't cut it? :lol:

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMG!!! I'll have to change the color!!!!!

just kidding.

@ SC, good buddy of mine in HS had a Challenger and Charger, 70's vintage, thanks for that link.

@ Gordon, I know Tbone hasn't been around that much lately, but my horn isn't the reason.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DP,

don't you watch reality television? You need to wait for the big reveal...;) (actually I have to find the before pictures, they resurfaced recently but things have gotten out of hand again)

@TJ, I would guess.. nah I better not, this is a family show..:twisted:

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Can't answer the rest of the questions, but its Purple, similar to a 1970's(thank you Pete) In Violet Plymouth Barracuda, or a Plumb Crazy Dodge. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts