Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get my hands on one of these lovely, lovely instruments, but haven't got the first idea where to start looking. I also don't have that much cash to spare... I know it probably won't be cheap, but I dont need the absolute best that's out there. I just love the sound so much!

Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,865 Posts
this Tarogato maker, Nicolae Sava, from Romania , [email protected]

was at the Musikmesse 2010 , once again, with his Tarogato.

He is ann innovator of this instrument because he has realised 2 different instruments on the same body, one with a Soprano saxophone Mechanics (Brown) the other one (black) with a Bhöm clarinet system . In the picture the black one is played by a good player from former Yugoslavia.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
7,867 Posts
I'm trying to get my hands on one of these lovely, lovely instruments, but haven't got the first idea where to start looking. I also don't have that much cash to spare... I know it probably won't be cheap, but I dont need the absolute best that's out there. I just love the sound so much!

Thanks
Problem is they are usually either awful of great. The great ones are expensive, and the awful ones are not real cheap either.
The one in the picture from Milandro looks interesting in that it has a modern key system. Original tarogatos have a system that is a bit like the German clarinet system.
Al that said, they are great horns, I absolutely love my Stowasser, and would never sell it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts