Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was e-mailed today by 'Taran's Free Jazz Hour'
that they were going to play one of my pieces (Asaxuality)

I was very humbled because I do listen to this station a lot
and I really didn't think Taran would use any of my music because of some of the music I have heard!
It takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to my piece and I wouldn't expect
anyone to wait for it. But if ya listen to a few of the opening pieces, you may enjoy them.
Some really excellent talent!

For instance Gerry Hemingway and Ellery Eskelin's Inbetween Spaces I really enjoy listening to.

If anyone is interested.... Asaxuality is at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1141600

Taran's Free Jazz Hour
http://www.taransfreejazzhour.com/podcast/52011.html

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
I think i will since i am a big fan of new music, third stream, free jazz ,avant garde, serialism, minimalists,bizarre is right up my alley.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i will since i am a big fan of new music, third stream, free jazz ,avant garde, serialism, minimalists,bizarre is right up my alley.
Yeah, I think you will find the site to your liking from what you described. I've become a big fan of Taran's site and it was especially gratifying to contribute to the site in some small way. It's right up my alley as well. I don't think you'll find too many of these types of sites around. Ben of SugarFree Jazz, who posts music here, turned me on to it...
I see you're formerly from the Bronx....Me too...Or should I say Da Bronx....

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Mike - listened to the track on Soundclick, great timing on the multiple saxes to get that spot on. As usual great stuff and interesting throughout.

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
I liked that very much indeed. How much is impro and how much written down, Mike? And how do you notate, if anything is written down? Just interested.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I liked that very much indeed. How much is impro and how much written down, Mike? And how do you notate, if anything is written down? Just interested.
Thank you RootyTootoot! About half is improv. I didn't notate it because these days I don't see a point in it. No one is going to be playing this stuff
except me anyway.
If I did it would be by paper and pencil first and then Finale. Besides, I haven't physically written anything down in such a long time that my physical writing skills are very rusty!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts