Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like using Tapatalk to access SOTW from my iPhone when I am away from a computer. But I have been getting an annoying problem - it might be me just not knowing how to use Tapatalk properly.

I look at the unread topics and there might be say 87 of them of which it shows say 40 on the first screen. When I scroll down to the bottom of that screen it offers me "Release to Load Unread Topics" and then says "Loading Unread Topics". But when it gets close to the total number of unread messages (say 59 out of 87) it won't ever let me see the final few unread topics, no matter how many times I try to drag and release.

Any ideas ?

Rhys

·
Forum Founder
3,877 Posts
I like using Tapatalk to access SOTW from my iPhone when I am away from a computer. But I have been getting an annoying problem - it might be me just not knowing how to use Tapatalk properly.

I look at the unread topics and there might be say 87 of them of which it shows say 40 on the first screen. When I scroll down to the bottom of that screen it offers me "Release to Load Unread Topics" and then says "Loading Unread Topics". But when it gets close to the total number of unread messages (say 59 out of 87) it won't ever let me see the final few unread topics, no matter how many times I try to drag and release.

Any ideas ?

Rhys
Rhys,
is this happening only when using Tapatalk?
It may be that some search indices were reset a week ago, and will take some time to show the current situation. Anyway, now they should be correct.
~Harri

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rhys,
is this happening only when using Tapatalk?
It may be that some search indices were reset a week ago, and will take some time to show the current situation. Anyway, now they should be correct.
~Harri
Yes, it's only when using Tapatalk. But exactly the same thing happens when I use Tapatalk to access the Cafe Saxophone forum, so it's probably something about Tapatalk and how I am using it rather than SOTW.

Rhys

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,023 Posts
Tapatalk is charming but I still prefer reading SOTW in the browser on the IPhone.
So far I can't see any advantage of using Tapatalk over seeing SOTW in the browser. It's easier to navigate in the browser.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts