Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to start transcribing, mainly for the practice. I'm willing to attempt to transcribe some requests. If you have anything that you've played yourself that you would like to have transcribed, post a link to the audio and give me any information you have (chord changes, tempo, etc) and I may work on it. If it's on a Youtube video, just post the link to that.

However, in return for the free service, I will post the transcription as well as the audio file on my website.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am wanting the whole song by Joshua Redman - Never End. Here is the link for the song. http://www.4shared.com/audio/b90OsSva/11__Joshua_Redman_-_Neverend.htm I love this song, and should probably transcribe it myself, but if you could help me out, I would enjoy it. And it would surely help me get back in gear to do my own transcribing. Thanks,

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,077 Posts
If you are open to what you transcribe, an interesting strategy may be to get many folks on this board to go in on big transcription projects together. Like transcribing the entire solo sections of Sonny Stitt and Gene Ammons on Blues Up & Down (I've already done that myself heh-heh) or Sonny Rollins & Stitt on Eternal Triangle etc etc and then publish them on this site for free
. . . if you had 10 people each do 2 or 3 choruses each it would be easy to patch together amazing trancriptions of mammoth solos ...

·
2,077 Posts
Cool. Just curious why you would rather transcribe a Joe Shmoe solo rather than a classic that not only will you probably learn more, but entrench yourself in the lineage or tradition more?

·
2,077 Posts
Why? If you transcribed it ... there's no law about sharing information, only sharing others publications.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts