Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,892 Posts
saintsday said:
YIKES! Get a new mouthpiece or a new horn instead. I'm not of the school that says a Buescher doesn't sound good without the snaps, but removing them from an original horn is like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa. And it won't help the value of the horn in the market place.
Referring to Big Hunk's idea of removing the snaps, and getting "better pads...."

Big Hunk, you don't need to do that for a R&R sound, nor do you need another horn! In fact changing the pads probably won't have a huge effect (or it might have a negative effect on the sound) and will only devalue the horn seriously. As saintsday says, a different mpc would be a MUCH better and more effective way to change the sound if that's what you're after. Of course, as has been stated over and over on this site, the sound is mostly up to you. Slap an RPC high baffle mpc on there and it will scream when you want it to. I'm sure there are many other mpcs that will do the trick also. I'm not familiar with the JJ DV NY mpc. Jody makes wonderful mpcs, but the ones I've tried would not be my first choice for R&R.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts