Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just aquired a 297xxx 400 TH&C Buescher Tenor. ( 1941/1942?)

The original lacquer is very dark and at 90% or better. Everything appears original, case, snap ins, springs, Even has the factory maint. manual is with it.

Question....Where the lacquer has worn away to base metal, the color is silverish, not yelowish as my 341xxx Aristo. B156 tenor.

Does anyone know what alloy metals they used in those early years?

On my B156 Aristo. I can polish the bare metal and it pretty much blends in with remaing lacquer, not so on the 297xxx Tenor.

Not a big deal, just curious in the different metals used. Also, the 297xxx horn is heavier than the Aristro.

Thanks

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Juan,

I now have this sax dialed in and cleaned up. It looks better than the Ebay pics. When I have time I'll snap some new pics.

Who ever had this sax really took care of it. I only had to seat a few leaking pads and replace one broken spring and it really sings now. I was not too happy when I won the auction at the last second. I had visions of a few hundred bucks more to make it playable.

I always take the position that a horn on ebay will at least need a pad job when sold by a seller that knows nothing about saxes. I lucked out this time.

The 400 serie Buescher lives up to it's hype, at least this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.