Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working steadily in Ultimo, Sydney now for awhile and I have a full hour lunch break with nothing much to do except wish I had my sax with me to practice a little. Also with a baby on the way it may be my only time to practice instead of evenings ;)

Does anyone local know any decent, cheap rehearsal rooms nearby? Anything within walking distance of Harris St would be great... Ultimo, Chinatown, Chippendale, Darlington...

I've found this place (Sound Level) which is pretty close and I think I can get an okay rate since I'm not using any gear there.

Or is there a better FREE location where I won't bother anyone with my long-tones, scales and tune learning?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Might be somewhere at UTS you could use. Try sending a PM to al9672 , he works at UTS and will probably know.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks edwin I'll try him! Hadn't thought of UTS.
I'm at ABC TV so very close by. There are rooms here too but they are for very large groups and aren't easy to get hold, or so I hear.

·
Registered
646 Posts
There's a little cluster of us in/near Ultimo then. I work in Randwick but the kids go to school in Ultimo so I'm there 5 days a week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts