Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what type of mouthpieces people are using with their Keilwerth sopranos. I tried a SR tech Pro, and I didnt like it too much..I now am using a Ria Metal and it seems to be working out, but still just not fun to play.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,423 Posts
I have a Morgan Vintage 4 that plays really well with my SX90. It sounded so well to Randy Jones at Tenor Madness that he wanted to buy the mouthpiece off me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
my preference...

I rarely post- and when I do it's always about the same thing... I REALLY like the Jody Jazz Dv's. I tried several for my soprano and decided on the 7*. I've been playing Keilwerths since my first Couf Superba I alto and tenor back in 88. There's just something about Jody's pieces and the JKs. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I use a tiny little Vandoran S15 and I think it sounds great on my black SX90II. Easy to play, good intonation, nice round sound. I tried 3 and found each one different though so i would try a bunch.
You might also try the other Vandorans.
Sax Alley turned me onto the Vandorans in general as a particularely good fit for the JK sopranos. A better fit match the Selmer's they thought. i like it more than some vintage short shank Selmer sopranos I tried. But it doesn't get any respect on this forum.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a vandoren s35 on my SX90II, and it was like blowing up one of those hotdog ballons in the upper register..I sold it, and my best playing has been on my RIA #3 so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts