Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new WWBW catalog today that listed these for only $2,099 for the alto and $2,199 for the tenor. It said Limited Supply and it must have been very limited because when I checked their website tonight there were none to be found...too good to be true I guess:cry:?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,129 Posts
Interesting, Joe. Is it possible they have not arrived yet?

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, Joe. Is it possible they have not arrived yet?
Well, they list the CX90(which is included in the sale)as arriving April 30, but don't even show the Tone Kings....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
I wasn't aware they actually made any of these. I know they planned to but thought keilwerth pulled the plug when they hit financial trouble. I would be v.interested in these if I had the money.

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I used to always get 12 months same as cash!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,129 Posts
I wasn't aware they actually made any of these.
Seems to me I found some for sale a few months ago and posted about somewhere here in the Keilwerth area.

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, as stated elsewhere they have them in stock now, so I ordered one...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just called a rep at WWBW to find out where the horn was made. They stated that in their records that this horn was made in Germany. Whether the parts were made somewhere else and assembled in Germany (like the EX series), I am not sure. But there you go.

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I cancelled my order after a rather stern :tsk:"discussion" with the wife concerning my credit card debt:cry:....I knew better, but GAS can be a hard thing to overcome! I would have had to sell my bari to keep the alto, Heaven forbid!

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Morry repeat after me, I don't need the new proplayer charge card, don't need an SX90, I don't need more credit card debt, I remember Greece, I remember we're in a recession, I remember the Alamo......I remember this is the last chance to get a JK at an affordable price....oh, oh...

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got a notice where they have a version of the "Play It Now" cards again. I didn't need to know that.
Curse you, Morry! I just used my new Proplayer card to order an SX90 Tone King again:bluewink:[rolleyes]:cry::tsk::(:yikes!::argue::cheers::salute::error::nike::banghead::friendhug::dontknow::crybaby::cool:!
My bari is on ebay!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
4,842 Posts
Nah, I'm not buying anything. I don't play the ones I have enough to warrant anything new. Too much work, too little time. I've got to get all my debt retired so I can position myself for retirement in 4-7 years.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Tenor - been looking for a backup for some time, considering Chus, Bueschers, older Yamahas, etc. $2K is a little more than I wanted to pay for one, but the price is definitely right (especially with 12-months same as cash and 45 days to decide...).

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Agreed. You'll never get another new JK for anywhere near this price again.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts