Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok - tell the truth: more time reading sax on the web, or more time reading - and playing - music?

personally - a lot more time surfing here - its easy, its quiet, its amusing & it doesn't remind me of my shortcomings

if I spent the time practising that I spend here I'd be a whole lot better sax player - but I wouldn't read so many bad jokes....

km

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
I can always sneak in a little SOTW while at work. It's hard to sneak in a little tenor playing. Others tend to notice that. I know. I've tried.....

·
Forum Contributor 2016, The official SOTW Little S
5,472 Posts
Sax related time spent:
10% talking about saxes/band/jokes
50% practicing
40% SOTWing
That covers it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
unfortunately I spend more time in surfing and listening to music than playing my sax:( ...somehow I get bored and unmotivated when piccing up my instrument and then I put it back to its stand....

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't read and write in SOTW as much as I play the sax :eek: .
It's more interesting to play than to read about playing and I want to get better, so I don't waste (sorry) my time here when I can play the sax.
Mostly I'm here after 8 p.m. when it's not permitted to be loud in the apartement.

·
5,316 Posts
That's okay. There's probably 10 guys reading it while they cut middle school. :( :twisted:

·
5,316 Posts
km: Why don't you start a poll on this?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Livia said:
I don't read and write in SOTW as much as I play the sax :eek: .
It's more interesting to play than to read about playing and I want to get better, so I don't waste (sorry) my time here when I can play the sax.
Mostly I'm here after 8 p.m. when it's not permitted to be loud in the apartement.
I second this!

At first (as a true beginner and a late bloomer!) I've been a lot in SOTW looking for specific information. Now, I occasionally browse the posts (late at night) for some interesting discussions on: mpc, overtones, practicing tips, jazz improvisation, altissimo, ... and for the jokes (of course).

All in all, I've always enjoyed the time I took at this lovely "living" room; thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts