Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
judging from the beak-to-profile angle, it *could* be an EB. or the Tener Madness New EB. just sayin....

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,410 Posts
Judging from other items this seller has on E-bay I'm inclined to think it's genuine. He's selling items belonging to his late father who played Sax. The box with the Tone Edge reads 'Pompano Beach Florida' but the piece is not a 'slant sig'. Other items include a Lawton 6* and a Florida 5* STM and a Berg 85 alto piece.
This type of kit is typical for guys who played in dance bands in UK during the Post War years up to recent times. They looked after their gear and kept boxes!

·
Premium Member
18,608 Posts
I know more about metal Links, but this HR piece looks indeed like an Early Babbitt (first Babbitt Tone Edge types, but still made as in the Otto Link Florida period and shipped in the old boxes). For the metal STM links this Early Babbitt period ranges from about 1974 to 1980. I don't know for sure if it's the same for the HR types, but I guess it is.

·
Distinguished Colorful Mouthpiece Designer
1,019 Posts
It has enough baffle to be refaced just in the case...
All the best,

Stan

·
Registered
772 Posts
The baffle isn't as symmetrical and doesn't look at all like *my* 50$ (typical) modern Link TE 7. More like my other Link HR, a 7* that I bought in late 80s.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Contributor 2010
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a Link HR from someone here that looked unplayed. Seller described it as newish (I forget exactly how old). Looks identical including the box.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Contributor 2010
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I am wrong. The beak is different. And I switched boxes. I have a Pampano Beach box that another mpc came in.

So, as Gilda Radner would say... Nevermind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts