Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm currently using a Jumbo Java A55 or a Berg Larsen 110/1 on alto, and am looking to find a mouthpiece to help me create a bit of a "fatter" and more mellow tone. The 'Super Session' looks to be a good piece, but I haven't had the opportunity to try one yet. Can anyone give me an idea on how big a difference in sound there would be between a Super Session and the Jumbo Java in terms of "mellowness"? (Yes I know the player plays a big part in this ;))

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Duncan-

Since you are already familiar with the Vandoren, you might want to give the A55 Java (non-Jumbo) a try as it has a low rollover type baffle as opposed to the Jumbo's high baffle which should help fatten up and mellow your tone. I play both the A45 Java and A45 Jumbo Java and I find the Jumbo to be very bright indead - just about on par with either my Dukoff D9 or Jody Jazz DV8.

Hope This Helps - Chris

·
Registered
730 Posts
Either that or the V16. I really liked the medium chambered one that I trialed.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,594 Posts
V16 a medium Chamber?

maestroelite said:
Either that or the V16. I really liked the medium chambered one that I trialed.
Hi, has the V16 Vandoren a medium Chamber or a some Bigchamber? bigger than a link or smaller?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I THINK it would be smaller than a HR Link, but I've never played one on alto. I would say the medium chamber V16 had a Meyer vibe, but with a better facing and, for me, a little more hip tone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. Is the medium chamber V16 the A6 or the A5? How do the V16 pieces compare to the V5 ones?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops never mind (got confused with their model numbering system). Just ordered myself a V16 A9M. Thanks for the advice guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts