Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in the course of looking for a new baritone, it looks as though I might have to part with my Super 20 and I'm looking to get a rough idea of it's value.

It's original laquer (maybe 80%) and has just been overhauled with roo-pads and noyeks, with about 20 hrs playing time on the overhall. Serial number is 484xxx, and it's in the UK if that makes any difference to the price.

What kinda of money can I expect to fetch for this??? I'm just after a rough idea really, so the more opinions the better!

Cheers

Jon

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
743 Posts
Is this Super 20 alto all lacquer, or silver neck, or silver neck and bell? More details will be needed before the King afficianadoes can make a good estimate for you.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,887 Posts
your horn is an Eastlake , which makes it automatically less valuable than a Cleveland. In the Netherlands your horn would be worth less that 2000€ in perfect playing state , the (Kanga) roo pads are a nice touch but when it comes to selling might give you a little edge over another horn but won't get you more money. These are tough times. Shops could get away with more but as a private seller , in my opinion, you won't.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That´s interesting. I also play a S/N 484xxx Eastlake Alto. It seems to be less valuable than a Cleveland with sílver neck or body, but my horn is the best Alto I ever played!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,887 Posts
Go Eastlakes Go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts