Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

This is a bit of a long shot but I am trying to find some sheet music for a recording of Summertime by Gershwin I found on the internet. It is performed by and Australian Sax group which can be found here http://www.saxema.com/listen.html.

Has anyone by any chance played or know who arranged it? I am wanting to give it a try small group i play in but I can't find it anywhere. I have asked the Saxema group but I unfortunately I had no response. I'm sure if I knew who wrote it I could track it down.

from
Vaughan

·
Registered
146 Posts
It is a classic American song written by George Gershwin, I believe that George wrote the music and he had other folks Ira Gerswhin for one write the lyrics. It is from the musical "Porgy and Bess" and was recorded in 1935, as a boy one of my favorite songs was on that soundtrack the song is Rhapsody in Blue. If anyone has the score for either of these 2 pieces in Eb for alto sax I would be greatly appreciative if you could send them to me.

[email protected]

Hope this helps :)

Jay

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jay

Thanks for the info. I was mainly after who did the arrangement for the version on the Saxema website. It's a bit jazzed up in the middle and I think sound amazing.

from
Vaughan

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sorry I think I replied to the wrong thread, lol rereading it you stated in the op that it was by gershwin, duh. Again sorry it was another thread about that song I meant to reply to and I don't think it was on this forum. Sucks getting old :shock: c'est lat vie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts