Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a stand up bari stand?

I frequently have duo gigs with keys or guitar and I would like to expand the showmanship aspect by including more horns. For example, "Watermelon Man" would be great if the bass line were played on bari and the melody played on alto. The idea being I could walk up to the bari when needed while the alto was on the neck strap

Not trying to be Roland Kirk here, just trying to expand the show.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A good start, but not exactly what I'm looking for. I need it to be free standing so I can walk away from it... thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
I use a "Tall Tenor" stand from "On Stage Stands" to do just what you describe. I bought a 24" Velcro strap, and strap the Bari bell to the stand - Been doing it for years now with no problems - and often on fairly crowded stages. It's a very stable solution. I posted a pic somewhere here a year or two ago in response to a similar question - You may be able to hunt it up and see...

I use it primarily to walk up and honk some low notes while carrying a tenor or alto, but I also used it exclusively that way for a while when my shoulder was recovering from a surgery....

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Here is what I came up with. It's an On-Stage monitor stand, a square aluminum profile from HomeDepot, a towel ring (Lowe's clearance section) and a piece of hot water insulation foam. Total cost ~$ 60.- and I am using it for my bass, if I don't play it. I did turn the insulation foam around so that the seam is now on the bottom and there are many other possible adjustments / improvements.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
I can't give you a link from this device, but if you want to spend some cash, search Andreas Kahling saxophone stand. He has a You Tube video. It' s for Bass , but a Bari head is available. It's actually very nice, but pricey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts