Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Yamaha YSS-875 soprano saxophone purchased around 1998 at Best Music in Oakland, CA. The SN is 002294. Could never get into playing the soprano (probably played it 20 times total), instead playing my tenor. Pads and cork on both necks are all still in great shape. The horn is honestly in flawless condition as far as I can tell. I am considering selling the horn and was wondering if anyone had a suggested value and an idea of what my best selling option might be. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd say low-mid 2000s on ebay. I've seen similar items on ebay go for around that- seems fair...and it should sell without much of a problem. Quinntheeskimo on ebay seems to be setting the bar on fair prices for used horns there-- I'd check out his prices on comparable stuff.
You could probably go up a bit more in price if you lived in a big city and could tap into that market...I think horns can sell for a couple hundred more if the buyer has an opportunity to play the horn. Maybe advertise in a university music department...I've seen a lot of higher prices paid for horns advertised in my music department (FSU) where the buyer can take the horn for a spin before writing a check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. That is a good place to start. I live in San Diego which may have a decent market so maybe I will try Craig's List and the local universities first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts