Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has one of these laying around that may have fallen off a mouthpiece.
I lost mine, it fell off at a gig and I couldn't fid it. Right now I have a Rovner black stick on, that works fine,
but I would like to get the mouthpiece to original condition. I called Gary, and I can send it in and he can fix it but,
I really do not want to mail it as its my main piece. If I can find the plastic, I can glue it back on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Knowing a little about Sugal pieces, I'm gonna guess not all bite areas were cut the same. The Sugal I have has a horrible blue bite area that I had to sand down to a nice, curved surface (was really uneven and bumpy).

Check out some of the refacing posts on bite plates and you will probably find a substance you can use to fill the area. Probably an epoxy or dental repair substance that is non-toxic.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has one of these laying around that may have fallen off a mouthpiece.
I lost mine, it fell off at a gig and I couldn't fid it. Right now I have a Rovner black stick on, that works fine,
but I would like to get the mouthpiece to original condition. I called Gary, and I can send it in and he can fix it but,
I really do not want to mail it as its my main piece. If I can find the plastic, I can glue it back on.

Thanks!
If you check out Mojo's youtube channel, he has a video on putting a bite plate on a guardala with some dental material-stuff, the same kind guardala originally used (I think). If you could get a hold of some of that stuff, you could probably do it yourself, if you're interested in any kind of replacement.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,244 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts