Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The curiosity and desire to learn and discover the possibilities of music is what I believe ultimately keeps anyone's interest in music alive, so I try to utilize a student's strengths, and help them find the easiest path towards achieving their goals musically.

I like to approach my lessons in a way that caters to the abilities and developmental process of the student. Once that sense of ability is established, I can begin to challenge them with more difficult musical ideas and techniques.

Fundamentals are always emphasized, including time, technique, harmony, and sense of melodic development, but I also want to cultivate the creative interest in a student.

Be prepared for a multi-disciplinary approach to study.

Contact me at [email protected]

·
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Study saxophone in NYC or Pa / & SKYPE with Tim Price- Cultivate your creativity and knowledge

"Everyone loves to play the blues. In this lesson, I’ve taken an
in-depth approach to give you all some information, new ideas, ear
training, and fresh approaches to this form."

http://www.saxontheweb.net/Price/Blues1.html

·
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Study saxophone in NYC or Pa / & SKYPE with Tim Price- Cultivate your creativity and knowledge

If you have a curiosity and desire to learn and discover the possibilities of
music, you should check out my lessons on Skype.

I like to approach my lessons in a way that caters to the abilities
and developmental process of the student. This is "hands on" personal lessons-given by a player who has dedicated himself to the art for of jazz.

I teach at New School University in NYC / one of the top jazz school in the world , I am published by Hal Leonard /Have 3 books on saxophone, and also
am a working pro. Check my web site at www.timpricejazz.com

Fundamentals are always emphasized, including time, technique, harmony, and sense of melodic development, but I also want to cultivate the creative interest in a student. My job is to bring the YOU out in the music, not just a bunch of licks.

Here's how it works: We schedule a lesson day and time. It works exactly like an in-person lesson, except we see and hear each other on the computer screen. For the first lesson, I'll ask you to play something for me...anything you like...scales, a song, one of my etudes, etc. I'll listen to you play, take some notes and create a customized lesson plan. I'll give you very specific things to practice to improve your tone, as well as some things to help your ear-training, technique, jazz vocabulary, articulation, and also practice strategies to get the most out of your practice time.

Some students have lessons once a week, and some like to have a lesson every other week - results happen from that evolution. Let my experience be your guide !

If your interested, please get me at [email protected]

THANK YOU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts