Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved this email and was wondering if any of you have gotten something similar.:?
Dear Ben King Perkoff,
I am pleased to contact you, My name is Gerhard Louis, from Brugge in Belgium. I saw your website as saxophonist, hence, my purpose of contacting you.

I just mail to confirm if my 12yrs old/ 7th grade twins (Paul & Peter), can join you so that you can help me offer them lesson. I so much would love their dreams to come through as they love to become the best and I am ready to support them morally and financially.

I will like you to give me the price of the lesson per hour. Note that they once had a teacher, who lost his wife in a car accident and decided to stop teaching in order to take proper care of his family.

Additionally, please give me your address or the address of where you normally teach your students, so that I can have idea of where the lessons will be taking place, as we are presently out of the country, but arrangement have been concluded for Paul & Peter to come down.

Awaiting your swift response.

Best Regards,
Gerhard Louis.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,505 Posts
Hey King, I'll take lessons from you and you'll only have to pay me 10 bucks!! Shame that this kind of thing targets people not making tons of money to begin with. Thanks for sharing. K

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Hmmmm, looks like he left his daughter Mary out of the letter. He must think you're Puffing the Magic Dragon to believe that scam... :shock:

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,361 Posts
fballatore said:
He must think you're Puffing the Magic Dragon to believe that scam... :shock:
These types of scams are so obvious, I can only wonder if anyone ever gets sucked in. How can these things possibly work? I'm sure there are more subtle ones out there, though, so beware!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
fballatore said:
Hmmmm, looks like he left his daughter Mary out of the letter. He must think you're Puffing the Magic Dragon to believe that scam... :shock:
Darn, you beat me to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts