Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys this might sound kind of dumb but here it goes. My private lessons teacher swears that selmer made a straight alto sax. I have no idea other then the conn ones. so did they? he's looking to but one(if they exist).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
L.A. Sax made one (straight tenor, too). I owned a straight JK. Nice horn. Never heard of a straight Selmer alto. DAVE

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
I forgot about the LA Sax. I think they're going to bring those models back down the road. Never played one.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Bass Sax Boss
1,817 Posts
I ordered an LA Sax straight alto and it was so bad that I sent it back. The straight section that replaced the bottom bow was too long and everything below low Eb was UNBELIEVABLY flat. I'm not bashing LA Sax. I own an LA Sax straight tenor and I like it. Get the Keilwerth alto.

My MYSPACE PAGE:

http://www.myspace.com/saxpsychosis

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,860 Posts
The above is correct: Buescher, JK, L.A. Sax.

Also add Rampone to that list. Rampone made far less than 100 of them over 70 years ago, and they were their professional line and only available as a special order.
I have one....;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
Randall said:
The above is correct: Buescher, JK, L.A. Sax.

Also add Rampone to that list. Rampone made far less than 100 of them over 70 years ago, and they were their professional line and only available as a special order.
I have one....;)
Go figure! Randall, your collection remains the envy of most players.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts