Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My precious collections of saxophones were stolen in a locked storage basement in my townhouse in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.. We are presently living in California, so i flew a week ago.. The house was vandalized... Doors missing, walls need to be repainted, carpets are full of cigarette burns and most of our belongings were stolen.......Unfortunately, i cant find the serial numbers of these instruments as of the moment...
But here is a partial list of the musical instruments stolen.
1 yamaha YTS 62 purple logo tenor sax
1 yamaha YTS 62ii gold lacquered tenor sax ( i think i bought it here @ SOTW more than 10 yrs ago but can't remember the seller, if you happene to remember , please let me know.
1 yamaha silver 62 tenor sax,
1 yss soprano gold plated,
1 king tempo tenor sax,
1 Jupiter 767 alto sax,
1 cavalier tenor sax,
1 Elkhart tenor sax - SN #8543
1 Pan tenor sax
1 Gretsch C melody ( 1 spring is missing on A or B LH)
3 student model tenor saxophones..
several Flutes, clarinets , trumpets, and trombone for repairs ...
1 DTX 4 yamaha electronic drumset,
1 Yamaha psr 3000 in a hard case( 1white key has a chip, and the screen has a small damage)
1 Korg X50 keyboard
Bandilla bandurria with 14 strings..
Plus all our camping gears , tons of personal items etc.
One of the suspects is the former tenant and can't find him..
The thief was on kijiji selling my horn.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1419773387

but i was told that the name of the guy is not a real name.
There is a phone number listed but police can't move forward because he said i don't have the serial numbers..
The photo was taken by the suspect in my basement, we also found a notebook with some of my horns written there for sale. I also found a hard drive and turned it over to the police but not sure if they will look into it for I insist that the PC may contain some evidence etc.
I sent the police some former pictures of some of the horns and 1 has a picture of a serial number.

If you came across a suspicious seller from Alberta, Canada ( from 4 weeks ago) ... Let me know.

Any help or tip is appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more pictures..

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE!..
Few of the stolen items were recovered by the Calgary Police -
YTS 62 silver tenor sax
YSS 475 soprano sax gold lacquer
Yamaha flute,
Bass amp
I was not given the details on how they recovered these & was told that they are still investigating the Kijiji seller. None of the instruments from this "seller" was recovered & hope they will catch him.. I was just told to send someone to pick up my instruments at the station.. I don't even have some clue about the rest of the items.. I hope we can recover more..

1 soprano sax stolen is a Grassi brand.. (which i forgot to mention in my previous post.) ..

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,303 Posts
pinoysax: I answered your latest PM before I read your post (#5). This info doesn't change my basic reply, though.

FWIW, clarity in these kinds of issues helps us understand the situation, though. When you write, "Few of the stolen items . . .) is confusing. I think what you mean is, "A few of the stolen items . . .", which is whole different thing. DAVE

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Dave...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts