Sax on the Web Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived at our community practice rooms for our weekly practice and found that the door was forced another forced inside and some gear missing. Keyboard a couple of powered monitors, an amp and worst of all the 1st tenor pack. Over the years the various generations have built up a library of 500 charts without copies. I had been worried and 200 had been copied but we've lost 300.A lot of them are not in use but we have lost a selection of our current catalogue. Any good lines to find good, original charts of the old masters of swing etc? We are missing only one part but I don't think you can buy one part. We are looking for charts fom the '30s to the 80's Bulk buying from the right selection.

·
Forum Contributor 2008-2017
350 Posts
Try http://www.the-noteables.com/ (you'll have to register). I've been dealing with Hy for years and have purchased a bunch of parts and arrangements from him.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,200 Posts
That really stinks.

I was going to say that our high school as one of the largest 'Jazz' libraries in the state and I might be able to find a few of the parts you need there, but it looks like the guys have found better resources for you.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
I know the guy who runs "yestertunes." Great guy - I've seen his full collection first-hand at his house. A good source for written arrangements, lead sheets, chord-charts. etc. DAVE

·
15,781 Posts
Arrived at our community practice rooms for our weekly practice and found that the door was forced another forced inside and some gear missing. Keyboard a couple of powered monitors, an amp and worst of all the 1st tenor pack. Over the years the various generations have built up a library of 500 charts without copies. I had been worried and 200 had been copied but we've lost 300.A lot of them are not in use but we have lost a selection of our current catalogue. Any good lines to find good, original charts of the old masters of swing etc? We are missing only one part but I don't think you can buy one part. We are looking for charts fom the '30s to the 80's Bulk buying from the right selection.
You may be able to find the parts here with Jeff Flagg. I can very highly recommend Jeff and his library of over 13,000 tunes. I have purchased many charts and parts there from Jeff and am a very satisfied customer.

You can contact Jeff at: jpflagg AT uts DOT cc DOT utexas DOT edu. Jeff will email you a list of his library.

Good luck and best wishes.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the leads. I'll get a list together and follow them up. The idea of being able to get just the one part instead of the whole chart is a bit of a financial relief.

·
15,781 Posts
Ed, I'll send you a private message with it.

·
550 Posts
The suggestions above are good ones for obtaining individual parts. These three sources probably have three to five thousand charts more than I have, but I know I have several hundred that they don't. You're wecome to send me a list of what you're still missing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.